(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Wednesday 12 March 2014

After Stonehenge

Oh golly I'm just going to crack on with it.

I got job, I started uni; basically I increased busyness by 500%. It's great. It took its toll on Sunday evening though (about halfway through the church service, thank you) when I hit the Peopled Out Point, but I went home and did the comfort food thing but instead of food it was music (I'm not a foodie). Months of nothing into double full time is a big shift to make and it's been fine other than that. My job is a temporary stint in an office. A huuuge office. I never, ever thought I would be doing a 75 minute rush hour commute by train and bus to a 12 story building to do numbers and money and spreadsheets all day. But hey! It's kinda cool to have landed it. When I say 'kinda cool,' I mean flipping awesome. This job couldn't have come any sooner - I was feeling pretty desperate about having no income - and I'm really grateful for it! It's the best pay I've ever had, too. When I say 'landed it,' I mean it fell into my lap. Housito (that's my housemate, the male one, in case you missed that explanation - Housita is my other housemate and she is female) needed a temp at work so I was the man. Girl. OK, so the work is dead boring, and totally not what I want to do with the rest of my life, but I will not complain!

There's a blow fly in my room. I didn't even know they existed in this country.. On that note, though, the weather is finally warming up. The other day I was outside and I rolled my sleeves up. It was amazing. I like the cold, to be sure, but winter is a lot longer here than in Armidale. And a LOT colder. The daffodils are out and daisies too - soon it will look like what it did when I first arrived! Now THAT'S a crazy thought.

Uni is good. I dropped a unit, which I'm not too fussed about. The workload was a bit much and sourcing textbooks hasn't been that easy. The content, however, I'm finding interesting and it's making more and more excited to be a teacher. Phew!

One thing coming up in my life is this conference, church is taking a group, and I'm well excited: http://wordaliveevent.org/

Another thing is... WEDDINGS! So many weddings. I think it's up to 10 engagements since I left. I started a list. Anyway, I'm coming back in November for at least three of them (!!) and at this point I'm thinking I will move back to Armidale (indefinitely) then, too. It's exciting and sad and homesickening all at once. I don't want to leave all my lovely friends here! But I do want to come home soon.

Anyhow, there is a lot to be done before I say goodbye to the UK. Like see Stonehenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment