(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Friday 12 April 2013

English Rainbows

It's really starting to happen now... Visa business. I have already decided that once I'm done adventuring I want a job where all I have to do is fill out forms, all day. Enter my name and passport number and home address over and over again - I'd be so good at it! And I'd be getting paid! What fun that would be.

(Just a little anecdote that might shed some light on that opening paragraph: I said something the other day which I can't remember, and Izzy innocently asked 'Was that sarcasm?' and Dad said 'Of course it was, her mouth was open.' I think it would be wise to expect a lot of it in this blog..)

All whining aside, I'm glad to finally see the official stuff materialising. This year has felt a bit like limbo. When I meet someone new and they ask me what I do, it's a tricky question to answer. I was studying, I am working (although now that school is on holidays I'm not even doing much of that), and planning a big change but not there yet. "Going to England" has become a future event, not just an idea. It's good. Scary, but good. Everyday I think of someone or something else I'm leaving behind, but if I knew in advance what England was like or what I'd gain there, it wouldn't be half as fun (or hard! Uh stay positive Jess...)

It'll be good.
That's my motto, even if good means good for my character and not rainbows and ponies. Australia has plenty of those anyway. And I'm allergic to ponies. Not sure about rainbows, never been close enough; but if I smelt one I imagine I would just get water droplets up my nose.

Yep, staying positive!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am going to love reading your blog :) And I might miss you a bit...super exciting that it's all happening though!
    Emma

    ReplyDelete