(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Monday 29 April 2013

The plot gets a move on!

I've got a visa! At least, it will be in the mail in the next few days. Thank goodness. I've been dreaming about it lately. Nightmares. So I'm glad it's all clear: Folks, I'll be going to England!

I did a practice pack today. I thought to myself - what the heck? I need to know how much I can fit in a suitcase anyway. There's another garbage bag full of clothes for Salvos (third one this year) and an even bigger pile called 'Undecided.' And you know what? I got excited. It was nice. For ages I've just had stress and worry and a bit of panic (not really like me, but I've never uprooted my life to plonk it on the other side of the world before). But thinking about unpacking to a new room and meeting the family actually made me look forward to going.

I wish I had a specific time - immovable, solid. If I had just one dollar for every time I've been asked "when are you leaving?..." I would be quite a few dollars richer. But now that I know my visa is on the way I can make flight arrangements... at least, I can give the agency the go-ahead to make my flight arrangements.

Now I'm just sealing up the boxes of stuff that's staying, and deciding whether taking my paper confetti bunting to England is a bit weird. The other thing I have to find out is... Can I take knitting needles on the plane?
Ew gross! Two mating flies just landed on my track pad. Ugggh.

No comments:

Post a Comment