(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Monday 9 December 2013

Just dwelling on the blog itself - I wrote this a week ago

I've said this before, but sometimes I ponder the direction this blog is taking. Is there even a direction? I'm not exactly traveling, so it's not a travel blog. I don't have any projects, so it's not a documenting blog. It's just a life blog I suppose. And I happen to be in a country that's not my own. This is my journal. My thought processor. I didn't want to go to sleep feeling yucky tonight so I kick started my laptop (it took three goes! Don't die on me Horatio, I need you for my degree!) and after several browser crashes I'm here... I planned to edit out the bits that needn't go public, and it turns out it all had to go and so what you've just read was initially a concluding paragraph. That's OK. I feel a bit better now.

The reason I'm putting thought into the purpose of this blog is because there are a lot of cheesy "life journey" writings out there, especially Christian ones. Am I unknowingly skipping towards that path? Or am I deliberately avoiding material that might affiliate me with members of the pink-churchy-teenager crowd who combine devotions with fashion tips and try and tell you that you deserve the best husband and he is in fact waiting at a bus stop near you but God will bring him to your door step at the right time... if you commit to quiet times and love straightening your hair. Sorry for the cynical stereotypism (made up phrase [MUP?]), but if I ever have to use content like that to draw an audience I should give up writing.

I think I want the people of the world to be a bit more real and face the realness a bit more. A lot more, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment