(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Saturday 6 July 2013

Brighton Day Two

Sunny and lovely! First we walked to The Lanes (bunting pic), past the royal pavilion and a bubble blowing busker, then to the beach where the kids did bungee jumping (no, not my thing) and we had ice cream (my favourite thing). After that we sat on the pebbles soaking up the rays... When I was hot enough I braved the water. Oh man. Think Coffs Harbour in the middle of July. It was colder. And it's July - as hot as it gets here! Anyway it was fun. The ground becomes sand further out, but standing on the pebbles waist deep isn't so bad because your weight is partly carried by the water. The beach was packed - London came down for the day. I should have taken a photo but if you google it you'll see how busy it gets. Not like yesterday. But we were a distant from the crowds so it was nice. The picture with the Ferris wheel is a typical Brighton street with the tall terraces. It's a shame for beach views, but it's quaint. There's lots of cement - it goes buildings, road, big path, steps, pebbles. It's a happening, student, seagully (they're HUGE!), heritagy, groovy, fun place. Not somewhere I'd live, I don't think. But I'm so lucky to have had the chance to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment