(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Friday 12 July 2013

Ouch

You know after I wrote that post about being homesick I got all these lovely emails. I thought to myself, Gee I should write them more often! Well this just takes the cake: I've been in England for two months and one day, I just had my initiating check up with the doctor's surgery this morning, it's one month till my 21st, and I roll down brick steps and fall flat on my face - breaking half my front tooth off, splitting my lip badly on both sides and most likely (the nurse says) breaking my nose.
Here is a picture of me with my mouth closed because my tooth is just so gross to look at (I was crying mostly from pain but also fear of being ugly I think! As well as wanting my family. Says a lot about me.) I've got glue and steri strips on my lip which stay on for five days. A few grazes on my body which I hardly notice. The nurse at the hospital was very good and did all the right check ups, so I know I'll be fine once my face heals. 6 weeks for the nose. I was just sweeping the patio and must have missed my footing. My lip is actually much fatter than it looks in the photo. At least my nose is straight. Gotta find a dentist that's open on Saturdays... Gotta look at my insurance stuff...

Anyway, I'm fine. I'm glad it was me and not one of the kids! Everyone's been really great, the kids grandparent's came to the rescue when it first happened since the parents were still coming home from work. The kids were worried and stressed out, and I admit to letting out a bad word when I saw my tooth and the cut in my lip. Actually I let it out several times. But people have had far far far worse and I'm sitting here typing this without having had any painkillers yet! I'm just so self conscious - talking with my hand over my mouth. When I breathe in, the air is cold on my broken tooth. Anyway, enough whingeing. So off you go and write your kind email, and stay tuned!

Oh what the heck, if you want tooth ones click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment