(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Sunday 14 July 2013

Overdue update

Sorry I didn't write yesterday. Well I woke up early and the swelling was worse, but it hasn't been as painful as you might have thought. I had yoghurt for breakfast, and made toast which I cut into strips and tore off pieces to put in my mouth. The local dentist was booked out, but there's an emergency line you can call and they got me booked in to another dentist nearby. They were lovely there; very kind and reassuring. He gave me a temporary filling which is a lump of white stuff that hardens and almost looks normal. It only took 15 minutes. He said when the swelling has gone down on my lip, I can go to my local dentist and they'll fix it up. I won't be losing my tooth and there's no damage to the root or anything. The lady thought I was under sixteen!! (Same thing happened with the shopping delivery man the other day, he asked my age and for ID). I had to pay 18 pounds because I'm on a visa, I think, but that didn't bother me at all. I'm more worried about the work that comes next. Anyway I came away from there thinking, sweet!
But by late afternoon my lip had doubled in size.The filling was bumpy and sharp, and I realised it was rubbing on the pre-existing cut on the inside of my lip - the one from the fall. And so the swelling was getting worse even though I'd had ice on for ages. I was thinking, crap - it'll never heal! The same dentist is open for emergencies again today apparently so I'm planning to give them a call and see if they can smooth it off. I might miss the church picnic though, which I'm bummed about. I would have gone this morning if the swelling wasn't so bad. But I skyped Dad and Seamus instead which was great.
My nose isn't too sore. When I'm sitting still I'm not in pain, just a bit uncomfortable. Eating is getting trickier because of my lip, and the rubbing tooth, but hopefully it can get fixed and I'll be properly on the mend by this afternoon. I almost wouldn't mind if the cut on my lip left a scar, but it may not so it's win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment