(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Tuesday 28 May 2013

As I reach for the remote..

Today was a pretty good day. Twelve hours on is a long time... but mostly alright considering I only left the house once to chuck some old spinach on a pot plant. The kids and I are getting to know each other - it's so much more than trivia, knowing somebody. Once you begin to grasp how somebody ticks and what matters to them, and how they react to certain things, you know how to act. You know what to say. We're commencing that part of our friendship, and deep trust will be on the way soon. Lots of fun has to happen first though, and there's been a lot already. The weather's looking a little better for the rest of the week, so hopefully there are some adventurous days ahead.

Oh dear, I'm sounding so cheesy. To be honest, we all watched waaaay too much nickelodeon (that was in my spell check?!?) today. American teen sit coms seem so clean and whatever, but are deceptively and trashily (also in spell check apparently) addictive. They put those slightly sophisticated jokes in and everyone is just so glossy...

Well would you prefer I write that I'm just about to sit back to some moderately-less-rubbishy medieval-adventure-drama? I wrote in an email the other day that since I have no friends, I think I have replaced them with TV. (!$%#$%!) But that's fine, I'm trying out a nearby church this Sunday night and from what I see it's a DIVERSE congregation. We'll see.

Helloooo 1192...

No comments:

Post a Comment