(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Thursday 30 May 2013

Eventless fluff

The day I don't cry in the opening scenes of The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe will be the day my heart has died. Even when I have to fast forward the planes & air shelter bits because I'm watching it with a four year old - and even the second time we've started it today - I get teary. I've changed my mind about American teen sit coms; there is way too much screaming and canned laughter. The noise leaking from the next room is like bird poo falling into my sweet cup of Narnian tea.

What comes next is pages of all the things I am finding hard. But I'm not actually going to include it, I just want everybody to know that this isn't a fairy tale girl-finds-herself-on-an-adventure story. Well maybe it is but this is the bit where she sings in a forest about how she's lost and alone and wishing she...

Ok stop now. I'm fine, really. Just still adjusting. Did I already write that before? Sometimes I wonder what I'd be doing if I'd stayed in Australia (I'm trying hard not to call it 'home'). Uni, I guess. Feeling like a coward and being bored a lot... but being with my friends. Hey, friends. I miss you all. I haven't spoken (face to face) to anyone over 11 or much under 30 since the Thursday I left Armidale (that would be you, Izzy). And I haven't eaten beef! It's all pork here. There was some Vegemite left in the cupboard from the last Aussie nanny to live here, it has been my pride and joy. (That expression sort of fits.)

I am glad I've come though, and I'm sure it's happened at the right time - last year's me couldn't have done it. If I had stayed I still would have still been living life, but England was on my mind for so long I couldn't have just forgotten about it. So long, in fact, that I fail to recall why and how it came to be there in the first place.

Well she likes rewinding it and watching the first half an hour over again, so I'm watching the train bit for the third time today and not crying. Forgive me. It doesn't count. I'm now on reserve battery so I'll just publish.

No comments:

Post a Comment