(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Wednesday 15 May 2013

My Fair Lady

Are you wondering what I do all day?

There's two kids I look after, the boy (obviously I'm not going to say who they are on the blog) goes to school and the girl, nursery in the mornings. I help get them ready (like NEGS in microcosm but not really) and we walk to school together. It's like half the street walks too - kids on scooters everywhere and mums in coats. I love it. But it's darn cold. No colder than the Dale gets but golly this is May (spring).

And then in the afternoons, the usual stuff: Hiding from giants, monsters and ghosts; getting trapped in caves; buying a car from Tesco (and instead of paying twenty-six pounds you get given fifty); hide-and-seek and oh! you're in the basket again; royal weddings (I was the prince); googling pictures of possums after the typical term of endearment went straight over the target's head (but when native Australian animals showed massive shark mouths we googled my house instead); explaining why there's only half a mouse seen in front of the trap outside; watching the worst show ever - H20 - and it's Australian! blurgh; making daisy chains; making cookies (chose that over scones); swinging in the park (it must have been below 10 degrees); singing Bingo, Five Little Ducks, Away in a Manger, London Bridge is Falling Down... school pick up again and a taste of Little Britain. Even more blurgh - it's like Monty Python was a really good looking apple then it went mouldy and there were some worms and that's Little Britain. It might taste a bit apply (or be a bit funny) but no thank you.

Then it's dinner-bath hour and after that just chillin'. After I finish writing this I'll go to bed, even though it's not completely dark outside yet. Just an aside - I'm sorry if I repeat myself, it's just I can't be bothered remembering what I wrote in an email and what I wrote in my last post.

In all seriousness I am really enjoying this new thing. I can't call it just a job and I'm still me so it's not a new life. Though I've only been here four days I think I'm going to be pretty content. The posts now may be sparse until I have something new to talk about. I'm not really itching to leap into London town really soon; I'd rather just get to know my area and my new community and wander around until I want to stretch my horizon. (Come to think of it I still don't know which way's north..)

Overuse of parenthesis! Criticising myself again at the end of a post!
Woo, top of 14 tomorrow, sunny with 83% chance of showers. I need to invest in a raincoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment