(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Friday 16 August 2013

A piece on culture~

Accents. I'm in a park listening to an Indian-looking lady speaking in a beautiful Scottish one and I think it's maybe my favourite. Londonish has become a bit normal and boring - always was really. I like Northern Irish ones too, actually Irish ones in general. Everybody does.

I'm deciding that the English don't break down and cry. Haven't seen an adult do so yet. If there's a problem they just have a good moan (more than usual) and get on with it. People have beaten 'keep calm and carry on' pretty much to death - it's everywhere - but it's true! It's not 'no worries, she'll be right in the end' like an Aussie, or 'drama drama drama let's yell' like I don't know which culture but surely one of them, but 'blooming heck for goodness sake what a pain, right where's the phone I'll call the electrician.' Or something like that. I suppose I don't know people that well yet, but I've been here long enough to agree with everyone who warned me about the complaining. We all do it I guess. It just gets so boring (more boring than the usual manner). Especially when it's about the weather. Ah, the weather. I'm becoming Borish!

No comments:

Post a Comment