(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Friday 16 August 2013

Sight Sighting

One Saturday a while ago (before Edinburgh) I had to get out of the house so I walked to the tube station and got on a train and then thought, 'hmm where will I go?' I hopped around a bit and got off at Picadilly Circus (I think) and went for a good old fashioned stroll, following crowds or tall monuments or familiar street names. This was a place something to do with horses.




Oops, got their family snap
I walked through some nice gardens, and a body of water which may have been a big pond. I also went to Buckingham Palace, which is actually as brown as the picture and almost as boring. I didn't take many photos of the surroundings which are big and important looking. Lots of people there. Unfortunately the little easel with Prince George's arrival announcement wasn't there anymore. Then I sat in Green Park for a bit until a wasp wouldn't go away. I started walking again, and ended up on Wimpole Street and thought, 'that sounds familiar!' So I whipped out my smart phone and googled 'wimpole street in popular culture' and eventually found that 21A was Henry Higgins' address in My Fair Lady (possibly Pygmalion). There you go! So I walked towards it but had gone too far by the time I realised, and it had started raining so I sought the nearest tube station. Then I saw a very fancy looking horse and cart going down the street, and the drivers were wearing old fashioned suits. For real. It was cool.
This was somewhere near Shepherd's Bush I think.
I was on a bus and it looked cooler before those seconds of getting my phone out.
Anyhow it's the London you don't see. But you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment