(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Saturday 10 August 2013

Oxford


I went to Oxford for a day in late July, in the middle of my holidays. I took the "Oxford tube" which is a coach service, and it would have only taken an hour had I got on the right one first off that wasn't heading into Central London. Oh well. Got there in the end,



and it started raining. Oh well. Walked up the High Street and the sun came out and I had a good old wander in my own style... only consulting Google Maps when the crowds started thinning out. It was a bright day so unfortunately all the buildings look a lot darker than they really are because of the sun. It's a really pretty city - cobblestone alleys and bunting, and the buildings are magnificent. Probably better to Google some pictures than go by mine.


A little while later it started raining again - this time it bucketed down - so I went to Primark and bought some trousers. And ate a cous cous salad from Marks and Spencer on a bench. Then I did some more wandering, this time a church and the university (sorry there aren't any photos, my phone got wet and blacked out) and eventually went home again. A good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment