(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Review

What do you get when you start writing a blog about your life and then people compliment you on it and say they admire your honesty?

Carried away. You get carried away and then you get worried friends.

Let me rein it in a little, and in future I will bring down another filter for the personal journal content. I don't want this to be too much of an outlet so much so that I stop talking to real people and only allow myself to be real on the internet. Hello, that is a paradox. No one is real on the internet. Also, no one wants to read pages of moaning. I'm in London! Why not write about something interesting.

Let's view this as a little mid-blog-crisis where I had to figure out its identity and purpose and now we'll be adjusting the direction ever so slightly again, hopefully not having to revisit that for a while and so I can stop talking about it. And now I can get back to my life, where I do things like delete stuff on my too-full hard drive and eat Christmas chocolate and have tea breaks with Housita (who is working from home at the moment).

I really am thankful for where I am right now. I'm much happier than I have been in a long time. It's just that particularly human trait of wanting more - wanting all there is. Wanting everything to be good, but scared of boredom or meaninglessness. Yep there it is. Just can't let it go, can you Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment