(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Thursday 2 January 2014

My New Years Resolution

I loathe the title, because it is so typical; but I actually have one that I might even keep this year. Remember how I said I'd write every day? Yeah well that didn't happen.

But that was 2013!

Oh yes, I will find a new sense of discipline and productivity, and find more and more fresh and exciting ways to open up about life as I live it, and release my introspection in waves of gleaming librettos...
...with lots of help from my good friend Thesaurus.

Happy new year everybody. But if your year ahead isn't going to be a particularly joyous one, that doesn't matter. I hope it will be GOOD. Life can be good without being happy all the time. We learn and grow from the hard times. I've been thinking about my depression lately, as I'm coming off medication at the moment, and I've always held that the disease will always be with me and could strike again at any time. Of course I don't want it to come back, but if I was becoming too selfish, proud and complacent then maybe another round would do me good (in a hard way). I know that seems twisted, but I know who I was three years ago; and I can't imagine myself without the black dog having been in my life.

On that note, go and punch your way through that wall of fear that's trying to keep you from getting hurt. Better things come from reaching out, than sitting and waiting. I'm preaching to myself here: it's so easy to not bother applying for jobs because I'm doubtful I'll get them. But (and here's my teacher voice) I'm not going to get one if I don't try. Come on, Jess!

Wow, who knew I could be so patronisingly inspirational?

1 comment:

  1. OH NO! I published at one minute past midnight. This was meant to be for January first! What a pity.

    ReplyDelete