(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Thursday 2 January 2014

When trivial goes deep

Well, would you like to hear about my day so far?
I woke up, I "talked" (on facebook & snapchat) to a good friend about girly problems, I got up, I went to the toilet, I had breakfast, all the while still talking to this lovely friend of mine, I pumped some tunes, finished unpacking from the other day, had a shower, friend of mine went to bed (she's in Aus) but there are always people to talk to i.e. English friend, finished this job application which was EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING and STRESSFUL due to technical failures of the website which meant I had to keep doing it over and over again and so there was a little too much yelling and swearing and deep breathing which upgraded to praying and that was when the submission went through. Hurray! I then had lunch (pasta) and washed up while still enjoying the tunes, then Housito came home and that was the first human I had encountered in person all day, we exchanged greetings and now I am in my room again listening to music and on my computer. Oh I did some washing at some point in there too, after the shower. I've been hoping to hear back from UNE about my course but no luck yet. After 9pm tonight I will call the Optus people in Australia to end my contract which I have been meaning to do for months. It would be nice if I didn't have to pay the last bill... I have no dollars left. I just checked my English bank account, and though I'm fine, there's a lot less than there was before the wedding visit and so I'm really wanting a job soon. But mostly I want a job so that I won't be so bored and hermitish. Later I might watch some Miranda.

I had this thought earlier today: that it would be awful to know your own future, because if you did you would probably be unhappy about what would happen so you'd do something else, but if you did that you still wouldn't be satisfied so you'd never be glad about what takes place. Either that or you'd just see what was going to happen and you'd have no choice and just have to watch yourself mess up and make bad decisions or have to let stuff into your life that you knew was going to be bad later on. Most of the time I like not knowing what's "around the river bend," because I'm not in control anyway so why bother planning too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment