(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Saturday 15 June 2013

Hermit mumbles

I had a completely lazy day today. It rained. Welcome to summer! I made a discovery with my aunty on the phone that the average max temp for summer in London is quite similar to the numbers that Brisbane is having... right now. Funny old world.

I was going to go to Camden Markets or go and see Westminster Abbey or something. But I am wretchedly tired and needed one of those nothing days to regain my composure after a long week. London sights aren't going anywhere. Besides, the air show for the Queen's birthday flew right over our house so I could see it from my window. (I didn't realise what it was at first, because the planes were flying so low and they didn't look like passenger planes. I'm not one to freak out about stuff even if it's possible, and the sky was too blue for an invasion, but it certainly came into my head.)

Sorry there's no interesting news, and I know I go on about being tired a lot but if you saw the skin around my eyes you wouldn't wonder. Oh actually I rode in a convertible car yesterday, my host mum has one. The roof was down. That's a first for me. The dad has a porsche, and I guess when I got a lift home from the airport that was my first time in one of those too. I'm such a country kid... Little Man asks me what kind of car I have, and I say "Toyota Camry." One time he said "Oh yeah I've ridden in one of those." "Uh-huh, do you know what they look like?" "Yeah, um, sports car." Mmmhmm. It's a pretty wealthy neighbourhood. There's a stretch limo parked outside the school every afternoon, I have no idea why. Maybe I don't want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment