(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Wednesday 12 June 2013

My day

Well let's just say that getting off to school this morning was a bit of a drama, so after that I decided to go for a walk along the river. It's so pretty, I love it; and I wanted to find that echoey train tunnel... I wandered along further than before, then sought out the path through the paddock of shoulder-high grass. I came to a gate but it was to the main road which I don't think has a footpath, so I turned around and found my way through nettles (was safely clad in warm jeans, boots and coat despite it supposedly being summer) to what opened into a small flattened nest-like area with... a purple balloon? Ugh that's not a balloon. Yuck yuck yuck. I came away feeling disgusted and very disappointed, and on the path back to the river I saw slugs. Seems it was destined to be a bad day.

But then I found a place to cross the river, and on the other side there's a proper path made of gravel leading through a much nicer open mowed grass area. Passed some friendly dog walkers and eventually found the tunnel!

The path divided and led to the main road again (I saw a notice that I think said path closed - oops), or through a golf course. Not sure how to get to those fields mentioned but I'll keep exploring. By then I was sneezing constantly and my eyes were weeping from hay fever, so I went home and had ice cream and watched some drop dead diva before pick-up time at the nursery. Now I'm sitting in the swing while Little Miss makes new friends at the park. She's good at that.

Spot the pidgeons!
Yesterday was my one-month-in-England day, and I didn't even commemorate it with a post. Oh well.

I met the kid's grandparents and they're lovely. I feel at home already with them which is great. There are some
things about being a nanny which I find draining and often disheartening. It's hard work. I need strategies but mostly just love and patience. And a good walking path like the second one I discovered today. Not the first. The second one of which I saved some for another day...

I'm sleeping better now. I still wake up at 5, but I go back to sleep again and wake up around 6:30 or 7. I think I just needed it so badly and told myself to change the pattern. If you expect to wake at 3 - you will. If you think you're so tired you'll sleep through - well you've a better chance. I realised I'm doing that eat-when-bored/stressed thing. And there's so much snacky sugary salty stuff in these cupboards it cannot go well. Actually it goes really well. Which is not well at all. Deary me.

Anyway, happy birthday Sarah & James! It's yesterday's jam for you now, but I'm still on the 12th. Hope you had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment