(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Friday 7 June 2013

What a great achieeevement

Tomorrow will be four weeks!

My debit card arrived in the mail today, which makes me feel like half a legitimate person. I only set up the account on Monday because I only got around to it then... but it will be nice to have a bit of plastic to pay with instead of notes and coins that I'm still not totally familiar with, and an online presence in pounds. I'm also getting registered with the health thingo - an NHS number it is. That's a good thing, I reckon. I bought me some air mail envelopes to save the post office folk some stickers, and also because I think they are doubly (if not triply) exciting with blue and red parallelograms along the edges. I tried a Daim bar thanks to my cousin Emma's recommendation and they are terrific!

We're going to Brighton for a weekend in July which should be smashing, what. I am rather excited. I always think of Pride & Prejudice when I see the name. Also, I won't be home for Christmas unfortunately. I am genuinely sad to be away from family for the first time ever on that day but I'll be in Spain watching the sun set over the ocean. Ahhh sorry I should have thought of a nicer way of putting it... No white Christmas for me, nope! Spain. How marvelous!

Well after almost a month I think I am wearing out a little. Or a lot. I may not have anything interesting to write about this weekend because I might just do a whole lot of relaxing. We're having a barbecue on Sunday and since I come from the land down under where they supposedly invented the thing, I'm to be overseeing it all to make sure they're doing it right. Pshaw, like I've ever barbecued a sausage in my life. It's a man's job! Anyway it's nice to feel important. Have I mentioned that my English family has a hills hoist (clothes line)? It's one of those silly green and yellow ones, and when I first looked at it I couldn't quite figure out what was wrong. It took two weeks for me to decide that yes, the top bit is upside down like a blown out umbrella. Not sure if I'll ever let on, but it still amuses me a little.

Time to bring down the snooze mask and zzz. I can almost lie on my right ear again! If ever you want to get your forward helix pierced, expect at least 5 months of sleeping with air between your ear and the mattress - using the pillow or your arm as a prop. Second nature now.

Righto then, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment