(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Sunday 9 June 2013

Little world

Well yesterday I topped up on things that I should have bought when first I arrived - nail clippers, cotton tips, extra writing paper and more toothpaste - that sort of thing. The nearby shopping centre is in the same place as my new church, only 3 pounds away. Poundland - oh wow. Three crunchie bars for the equivalent of $1.50. It's awkward that my keyboard has a dollar sign but not a pound sign. And that I still have Australian chargers so I have to use my power point adaptor.

I had a rotten sleep - it was 3am this morning and at 5am I gave up and ate a crunchie (terrible, I know). I think I went to sleep for a bit around 6 but it was that rotten sleep that makes you feel like your head and limbs are stuffed with really heavy chicken fat. How is that a feeling? I don't know but I really should be trying to sleep now.
Anyway after church - which was lovely and they sang familiar songs and the sermon was really, really good - I went back for Little Man's birthday barbecue! It was great fun, a terrific afternoon. Lots of ten year olds being fun and loud, and I had a good chat to a few of them and some of the parents. The cake said "Keep calm and eat cake" in that propaganda poster style. Cute. Then I watched more IT Crowd and my host mum recommended Drop Dead Diva. Oh yes, Legally Blonde as a TV series but the girl, her soul has been put into the body of a less-than-skinny brunette... I don't really like court room dramas, or rom coms, or American TV shows, but for some reason I want to stay up for many more hours watching it. Perhaps it's the guardian angel character... Oh gee I really am tired.

Oh man, I'm so tired I'm not even going to brush my teeth. Don't worry grandparents! I am a responsible and hygienic adult and I "hoovered" my room yesterday and changed my sheets too but I just have to sleep.

But about bigger things: I've got holidays in July and am wanting to travel around the UK and maybe some of Europe... where do I even begin??

No comments:

Post a Comment