(I'm currently redesigning the blog, as I do often; and I'm stuck on a background & theme. Watch this space for a better... look.)

Wednesday 5 June 2013

We could all use the fresh air

People have been asking about the church I visited last Sunday night, and since there's nothing else to write about really, I thought I'd better oblige and expand on "yes."

Finding it was easy enough, but even though it was only a 6 minute tube ride, altogether it took 50 minutes to get there what with walking to the station and from the station to the church. Half an hour to get home. The weather is splendid now though and the sun goes to bed so late (not dark at 10pm!! It's killing me, I wake up at 4am instead of 5am now and doze shallowly till I get up), so anyway it's really nice outside in the evening.

It had tapestries, yes, but it's a much newer building and so people aren't there for the big old organ (there was none, but a drum kit). I was welcomed really genuinely (it makes a WORLD of difference if someone greets you kindly and someone comes and sits with you and is friendly and helpful. Seriously). The teaching was good and there were lots of songs. I didn't know any of them but I recognised the authors - you know, the 1970s crowd like Keith Getty and then some Stuart Townend.
After the service the welcoming continued (another important thing); it was almost as if they weren't letting me out the door till I'd met half a dozen people and declined the invitation to the young-people's-kick-on... twice. I liked it. I'm going back.

OK... the last time I watched Narnia I teared up, it was the fourth time this week. This time though the voices are grinding on my nerves so before I let it affect what goes into this post (too late?) I'm going to finish by saying that today I was outside in the sun with a T-shirt and was sweaty! Second summer this year, bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment